There are a few remaining places on the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion workshop. Join participants from a range of RIs including ELIXIR, BBMRI, ESO, XFEL, EMBL and ESRF. Registration has been extended until 19th September or until spaces have been filled.
The workshop is designed to equip participants with the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead change in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion in their organizations. It is suitable both to those new to as well as those experienced in the field.For more details and to apply
The Training programme will cover:
Overview of the spectrum of equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) issues;
- Why valuing difference matters, including evidence for the business case and other drivers for change;
- The range of barriers to progress and identifying levers and barriers to change;
- Explore a range of models to bring about effective and sustainable change relating to equality, diversity and inclusion ;
- What actually works in the Research Infrastructure environment: hear from fellow participants about the EDI challenges that have been tackled, the solutions employed and the outcomes achieved;
- Putting learning into practice: small group work on current EDI-related challenges, identifying strategies for tackling them and possible solutions.
Topics for group work will be decided upon by participants but could include:
- Diversifying the workforce (generally or with a particular focus on gender, race etc.);
- Building engagement with EDI within research infrastructures;
- Creating an inclusive workforce culture.