Module 2 – Strategic Management of Research Infrastructures (5 ECTS)
23th-25th January 2019
Objective of the module is to provide participants with conceptual frameworks and tools for designing and implementing a successful strategy for a Research Infrastructure in national and international contexts. The strategic management is concerned with the process of setting organisation’s long term objectives, evaluating the means of achieving them, formulating and implementing strategic plans. The module provides a theoretical basis for strategy improvement, based on mainstream management theory and contemporary business experience.
This module provides the conceptual lens and analytical tools for RIs in order to achieve long-term goals. The emphasis is on understanding the complexity of RI environment, decision-making and implementing the strategy process within the organisation. The course has a very practical emphasis with a wide variety of cases, in-class discussion to enhance relevance.
Lectures, group works, case discussions, and a final assignment.
The programme covers the following topics
• Understanding the RI environment
• National and international environments
• Analysing the competitive context of RIs Strategic management
• Strategic thinking
• Strategic planning
• Mission and vision of RIs
• Developing a strategic plan
• Accountability to stakeholders
• Managing of social challenges
Fees & Enrolment
Participation fee: 2,000 Euros
The Open Programme allows you to focus only on the topics and themes that you think are most important and most appropriate for your career. The offer is constantly evolving.
If you want more info, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit this page.
This module will be held at the University of Milano-Bicocca. The University of Milano-Bicocca is located at Piazza dell’Ateneo Nuovo, 1 in Milan. Our campus benefits from the full array of learning environments and university-wide services.
Meet the Faculty
University of Milano-Bicocca:
Elisabetta Marafioti, Associate Professor of Business Administration and Management (Read More)
Who should Apply?
• Director Generals, Chief Operating Officers or their equivalent
• Recently appointed or upcoming senior managers
• Heads of National Nodes
• Heads of Finance and Administration, HR and Communication
• Middle management
• Representatives of funding bodies and ministries responsible for RI funding